September 04, 2020
BeagleIM 4.0 and SiskinIM 6.0 released
New versions of XMPP clients for Apple’s mobile and desktop platforms have been released. The biggest change is introduction of XMPP MIX - the modern way of chatting in groups (if you are looking for a server where you can use this new feature be sure to check our xmpp.cloud installation). It also significantly improves on audio/video calls.
- Added support for XEP-0369: Mediated Information eXchange (MIX) - significant improvement over group chats offered by MUC - less traffic and better delivery
- Improved VoIP connectivity by adding XEP-0353: Jingle Message Initiation (now compatible with Jingle Message Initiation used by Conversations)
- Added support for XEP-0308: Last Message Correction - editing sent message (relies on client compatibility)
- Added support for XEP-0424: Message Retraction - deleting sent messages (relies on client compatibility)
- Added support for quick replies - quoting messages to improve conversation flow
- Added support for XEP-0158: CAPTCHA Forms: Extended In-Band Registration - some server may ask for additional information or verification during registration - with this feature it’s possible to sign up with those servers as well
- Redesigned channel joining UI
- Optimized resource usage during the establishment of VoIP calls and improved quality of VoIP calls
- Improved Markdown support
- Improved message synchronization speed, reliability and add support for MAM version 2 (XEP-0313: Message Archive Management)
- Started using MAM for MUC history synchronization on rejoin (if possible)
- Improved support for CAPS (feature discovery)
- New chats list view with a single section for 1-1 chats and group chats
- Added a way to join hidden MUC rooms
- Fixed issue with avatars in group chats not being properly displayed.
- Added workaround for possible issue with message archive synchronization if server does not send
- Fixed issue with channel info refresh
MIX / group chat creation streamlined
Better VoIP connectivity
Message Correction, Retraction and quick replies
- Adjusted font size in chat history (message text is slightly bigger)
- Improved support for XMPP URI (requires beagle-im-set-as-default helper app)
- Improved behaviour of service discovery window (indentation of items, scrolling)
- Improved handling of responses for
<iq/>requests which should fix some OMEMO key publication issues.
- Improved message text selection
- Remembers size of chats/roster windows
- Improved auto-completion of nicknames.
- Stopped downloading link previews if message with that link was received from someone outside of roster.
- Fixed issue with respecting global settings for Allow subscription and Request subscription
- Fixed Typo in Authorization menu
- Fixed issue with not showing notifications for incoming groupchat messages containing keywords
- Improved scrolling behavior (scrolling to found or first unread message, scrolling on the opening of a chat and concurrency issue)
- Fixed an issue with a chat message not being resized properly when window size was changed.
- Fixed issue with text color in chat history
- Fixed issue with invisible selection in the search dialog
- Added possible workaround for crashes when preview is for a movie
- Fixed crash when the server is not sending Content-Length for uploaded files.
- Fixed issues with compilation on XCode 12
- Improved layout in chat logs (internal change)
- Improved detection of server features and prompting to enable them in SiskinIM
- Added request for background fetch on push notification and fixed crashes when push notification is tapped just after it is displayed (#siskinim-205, #siskinim-206)
- Fixed issue with using wrong speaker during the VoIP call (#siskinim-211)
- Added warning when access to microphone or camera is not granted during initialization of a video call (#siskinim-213)
- Improved account removal mechanism (#siskinim-199)
- Improved look of the QR codes (#siskinim-195)
- Fixed an issue with not dismissing room creation view after room is created (#siskinim-230)
Fixed an issue with encrypting files with AESGCM send to MUC rooms when default encryption is set to OMEMO (#siskinim-237)
Join the discussion
You can discuss all-things-Tigase (including our client apps) on our groupchat: email@example.com
Using STUN & TURN server with Tigase XMPP Server with XEP-0215 (External Service Discovery)
September 15, 2020